Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Came & Went

When the sadness hit the floor
You were walking out the door
Me swallowing the tear-drop
My heart screaming, "STOP!"

Hands hang heavily at my side
All is gone including my pride
Sorrow's sweet melancholy swamp
Sings its' song to each heart-pump

Each breathe of air labored in love
Sears the ribcage with heated shove
Reality slams hard into my face
Choices made led to disgrace

Shamed myself over loving you
Made a fool when I said, "I do."
Thirty days after you got a green-card
You turned to me and said, "It's too hard!"

Choking down a boulder, unable to swallow
My life is an Easter Egg and it's hollow
I stand alone as eyes forlornly see
The movie, My Life, displayed all-over me

It's a long review, many journeys gone astray
Each chapter re-experienced as I bid them good-day
Each chapter, each season, it's life you see?
Everything circular, including me

Following the spiral, higher and higher
Fear and worry? It's not so dire
Living out loud until the body is spent
It's the way of everything; it just came and went.

© Lee Down 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home