Friday, June 03, 2005

Musings one day

“Hello? Can anyone hear me? I’m here, can you see me?“

I waited. Silence returned. Not wanting to panic, I decided to wait a bit longer. Still, silence, no movement, and I began to feel the anxiety swell up. I looked intently around me hoping to see; something, anything. The tiniest movement or acknowledgement would have been so welcome, but nothing came.

This made no sense to me. I see them, they’re sitting there, engaged in their own little worlds but they don’t seem to know that I’m here. I turned around, quickly at first to look in the opposite direction. Then, dissatisfied, I turned slowly, taking in the view 360° around me. Every direction I looked I could see people, some just mere meters away. In exasperation I sat down.

Cross-legged with my chin in my hands, I scowled and looked about in front of me. I was chewing my lip now and I my forehead was furrowed in a deep frown. Different thoughts raced through my mind as I wondered at this strange situation. Am I asleep and just having a weird dream? Thinking about it, I dismissed it figuring a dream would metamoph much sooner than this. Hmm, what next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home