Saturday, June 11, 2005

Why?

I know you don't believe
what you cannot see
inside of you written on your face
standing out in the crowded sea of faces
fluttering absently shocked speechless they flock
reaching out in hunger for what I'm left to wonder
sucking hungry energy from a source of sweet love
the vulnerable exposes the flesh to the bone of the soul
the sad song sings its silent call for emotion the tears will speak
as they streak the lightening sky to the heart of one another
feeling the overwhelming sadness swelling the riverbanks of society
seeing myself swept up in the emotional flotsam and debris
I am carried into the undercurrents to be held breathless with life
stalled on hold until the torrential currents release the log-jam
I am launched down the chute carried by the elation of a perpetual freedom
splashed in the vigorous droplets of cold reality washing up glimpses of possibility
again in the stunning moments of the views into abyss up to the highest peaks I am

breathless

wondering

why

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home